Isn’t she a beauty?
I did not wake up yesterday planning to bake banana bread. In fact, I have never made banana bread in my life. However, we had about 8 bananas that were over ripe and I did not want to waste them.
All I can say is wow. Delicious and SO SIMPLE.
- 2-3 over ripe bananas (yellow w/ brown spots and squishy)
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter 4×8 loaf pan (or you can use a muffin pan).
- In a bowl, mash the bananas until smooth.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Add and mix in baking soda and salt.
- Stir in sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour.
- Add batter to pan and bake for 50 min.